Rendez-vous in Grenoble
In Grenoble, the capital of the French Alps and the Dauphiné region, mountains are ubiquitous. Grenoble boasts a profound constract between the dramatic views of the three massifs and the urban architecture of the city. They have managed to preserve vestiges of 2,050 years of history. Today a European centre, Grenoble is at the forefront of technology.
Welcoming and captivating the beautiful French city of Grenoble awaits you.
Not to be missed
- The old town, its 2,050 years of history and its exceptional heritage
- The Bastille fort and its cable car: an unobstructed view over Grenoble and the surrounding massifs
- Grenoble museums: Dauphinois museum, Musée de la Résistance et de la Déportation, National Centre for Contemporary Arts
- Markets and squares
- Parks and gardens
- The Fontaines circuit
- The Antiquarians district
- Via Ferrata: the first in an urban setting
- La Casamaures: a palace of "grey gold"
- Specialities: Grenoble walnuts, gratin dauphinois, Chartreuse liqueur
Be a smart visitor and spend less. To discover Grenoble, choose the Grenoble City Pass! This all-inclusive pass will allow you to get the most out of the capital of the French Alps.
- a round-trip by cable car
- a guided visit of the city
- access to the Musée de Grenoble
- a ride in the Petit Train Touristique
- many other discounted deals
- Information: +33 (0)4 76 42 41 41
- March: Grenoble Jazz Festival
- August: Berlioz Festival / Icare cup
- December: Christmas market and International Festival of mountain films
- SNCF TGV station: 3 hrs from Paris.
- Airport: Grenoble-Isère (30 mns from the city centre).
- 2 tramway lines A/B - Maison du Tourisme stop, Lafayette underground parking.
- Bus/coach station, connection with ski resorts, shuttle to the airport.
- Motorways: A48 (560 km from Paris) A 480, A 41
Grenoble Tourist Office
14 rue de la République
Tel: +33 (0)4 76 42 41 41