Rendez-vous in Haute Maurienne Vanoise
On the Italian border, at the foot of the famous pass of the Mont Cenis, the grand landscapes of Haute Maurienne Vanoise are the ones of a protected alpine valley situated at the heart of the National park of Vanoise.
Of an easy access by train as by car, this region the story of which testifies of its strategic position between France and Italy, comes to light quietly to the visitors, the lover of big natural spaces and serenity.
Seven villages of mountain in the authentic charm (Bramans, Sollières-Sardières, Termignon Vanoise, Valley Cenis, Bessans, Bonneval sur Arc) shell along the valley up to the foot of the famous pass of Iseran, and reveal to the visitors eager for discoveries a wonderful life-size playground for any level and any age.
This winter, come to slide
This winter, come to slide in big and catch investigating in family of the other winter pleasures: the mountain of course, the version big north with The Big Odyssey, the paradise of the Nordic skiing, the charm of villages...
Nature and heritage
Country of Art and Story, Haute Maurienne Vanoise reserves you one thousand surprising surprises. To the program: more than 6000 years of story and creation, museums and fascinating craftsmen, very tempting local products and a know-how … So many discoveries to be serenely savored in authentic villages of mountain nested within a protected nature …
The various ski slopes
- Nordic domain: BessansWith its 133km of runways drawn on a vast tray surrounded with larches, Bessans is an international spot for the practice of the activities Scandinavians. Cross-country skiing or biathlon, these sports make followers of any age and any levels.
- Nordic domain of the Monolith of Sardières-Aussois: this Nordic domain offers the possibility of crossing 30 km of routes crowned in an exceptional frame. Certain routes will allow the most fortunate to venture into the heart of the National park of Vanoise and to admire the famous monolith of Sardières.
- Nordic domain of Bramans Val d' Ambin: 30km of runways ; is ideal to multiply the activities between cross-country skiing, walk and snowshoes. A site well exposed with a quality snow coverage.
- Val Cenis Vanoise's ski slopes: 125 km of tracks, an exceptional snow coverage, insured from December till May, grand and protected landscapes … Feet of the glaciers in the edge of authentic villages of mountain, Val Cenis Vanoise offers himself as a wonderful area of game for all the enthusiasts of glide.
- Biathlon Nordic Challenge (December): in Bessans the rising stars of French biathlon meet for this stage of the Biathlon Challenge. Emotion and suspense, areal show to look forward to !
- La Grande Odyssée Savoie Mont Blanc (January): 10 years of dreams and emotions for the Grande Odyssée which follows the most beautiful itinerariesof the 7 Haute Maurienne Vanoise villages. With its 375 km and 12,500 m of altitude difference, anunusual adventure awaits the mushers and their dogs during this 10th edition. Sport and thrills are guaranteed for the spectators.
- 33rd International Cross Country Marathon in Bessans (January): nearly 1500 competitors from all over Europe compete in this popular Nordic ski race that is not to be missed. A convivial atmosphere to be enjoyed by all the family !
- 13th edition of the National Accordion Festival in Termignon (January): a full-scale party that really warms things up in Termignon. Dance or jazz ambiance in the village bars, a parade and an evening gala,… the accordion will keep on surprising you in Haute Maurienne Vanoise.
- Haute Maurienne Vanoise ice climbing (January/February): admire the ice climbers from the French Alpine Clubs as they climb the frozen waterfalls and discover the discipline as a beginner or an experienced climber. A meet to find out all you need to know about this often extreme sport with conferences, films, exhibition and concert.
- 3rd edition of “Springtime in Val Cenis (March): a rich cultural programme with Laurent Gerra as artistic director. Great evening events are in storefor the Haute Maurienne Vanoise in the presence of Gérard Lenorman and Paris Première and a showthat pays hommage to Jacques Brel.
how to get here?
- By road: A43 motorway, exit n°30 Modane, then, RD1006 direction Lanslebourg (10 to 43 km).
- By rail regular TGV train: link Paris-Modane un 4hrsconnection by bus to all the Haute Maurienne Vanoise villages
- By air: Lyon Saint Exupéry airport 2h30; Grenoble airport 2h; Turin airport 2h; Genva airport 3h
Office de Tourisme de Haute Maurienne Vanoise
6, rue Napoléon
73480 Lanslebourg Mont-Cenis
Tel: +33 (0)4 79 05 99 06 - Fax: +33 (0)4 79 05 82 17