Rendez-vous in Mulhouse
Between the Rhine river and the Vosges mountains, at the heart of 3 European countries, Mulhouse enjoys a privileged location. There, visitors will find all the charms of Alsace and will also be able to discover the neighbouring countries : Switzerland and Germany.
Since the beginning, this small independent republic used those assets to grow and find its way: thanks to its distinctive historical buildings from the medieval town to the 19th-century industrial boom, Mulhouse was awarded the label "Ville d'Art et d'Histoire" (City of Art and History), a label of excellence for its unique heritage.
First city in Alsace to obtain this award, Mulhouse uncovers its charms through its neighbourhoods without failing to amaze visitors: 14th-century stained-glass windows, Rhenish-renaissance-style façades, mansions, former fabrics made of bricks now renovated, parks and gardens inherited from past centuries, but also unique museums and various boutiques following the nearby Swiss and German trends...
Mulhouse offers its own vision of the beautiful French region of Alsace, it is all yours to discover!
Mulhouse, Top 10!
- Daydream among the 400 prestige cars of the Cité de l'Automobile - Collection Schlumpf, between the spectacular locomotives of the Cité du Train or among the other exceptional museums.
- Taste the "Fleischschnakas", "Flammekuecha", sauerkraut and other specialities from Alsace in a traditional Winstub.
- Take a stroll in the Parc Zoologique et Botanique, created in 1868.
- Meet a Greeter to share your thoughts on Mulhouse and its region.
- Become a child again during Christmas time and admire the enchanting decorations of the Christmas market of Mulhouse.
- Purchase clothes "Made in Mulhouse" at a Mulhouse textile designer's shop.
- Discover the different colours and flavours of the market of Mulhouse, a true local institution.
- Savour a glass of beer or Alsatian wine on a terrace of the Place de la Réunion at sunset.
- Enjoy the best of traditional Alsace at the Ecomusée d'Alsace.
- Ride your bike to discover the Alsatian countryside or hop on a train to visit Basle or Freiburg-im-Breisgau.
Take advantage of the City Pass Mulhouse to discover the museums and tourist sites, follow a guided tour, use the city transportation network freely and enjoy many discounts among restaurants and shows. A simple concept available all year long!
Choose the best time
In Mulhouse, you can go out and enjoy yourself anytime. The city knows how to use its border location to make new energies emerge! You will find cultural events like "Mysteries night", Mulhouse 00 - biennial contemporary art exhibition, the GeNeRiQ festival or meteo Mulhouse music festival.
Also, every year more than a hundred vintage cars find their way to Mulhouse to entertain inhabitants and visitors during the warm summer nights of the Automobile Festival.
However, on this Alsatian land, traditions remain very much alive with Carnavalia (Mulhouse carnival), the Onion Festival or the Christmas market.
Linked to the European capitals with its international airport, located at the railway (TGV) crossroads between France, Germany, Switzerland and Italy, Mulhouse is the ideal starting point to discover Alsace, the Black Forest or Switzerland. Do not hesitate to enjoy the uniqueness of this land full of surprises!