“David Bowie is” Temporary exhibition
David Bowie is, the must-see exhibition at the Philharmonie de Paris
David Bowie is one of the major avant-garde artists of the 20th century. Bowie has surprised, re-invented, and transformed himself throughout his career, perpetually pushing the boundaries of musical evolution. The sprawling exhibit follows the artists’ rich and fascinating itinerary.
The exhibition’s written and audio commentary will be available in French and in English. Individual stereo headsets allow visitors to explore the exhibition at their own pace —a partnership with Sennheiser.
Created by the Victoria & Albert Museum in 2013, the multimedia exhibition was a resounding success in New York, Berlin, and Toronto. The vast showcase is coming to France exclusively for the opening of the Philharmonie de Paris.
- Mondays: Closed
- Tuesday: 12:00 p. m. (noon) to 6:00 p. m.
- Wednesday & Thursday: 12:00 p. m. (noon) to 8:00 p. m.
- Friday & Saturday: 10:00 a. m. to 10:00 p. m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a. m. to 8:00 p. m.
- Exceptional opening during Spring Holidays (April 21 to May 3): 10:00 a. m to 8:00 p. m.
Events related to David Bowie is
March 6 to 8, the Philharmonie de Paris will present an entire weekend dedicated to glam-rock icon David Bowie. The programme includes the premiere of Philippe Découflé’s Wiebo, a show based on the character Ziggy Stardust, a performance of Philip Glass' music, Low/Heroes. Activities, workshop tours, and conferences based on David Bowie will also be featured.
Philharmonie de Paris
221, avenue Jean-Jaurès
Admission fees and rates
- Admission to the exhibition: € 12
- Reduced admission: € 6 (Youth under the age of 26)
- Free entrance: Children under the age of 6, Friends of the Museum of music, Friends of the Philharmonie de Paris, Disabled persons and the persons accompanying them
- Reservations required for all group visits