Clone de Bordeaux Métropole marathon
The second Bordeaux Métropole marathon, which will be held on 9 April 2016, is open to all amateur runners, ranging from competitive athletes to those taking part purely for pleasure and a sense of wellbeing.
The route of the Bordeaux Métropole marathon will take runners to the heart of the UNESCO-listed Bordeaux-Port de la Lune site, before passing through several neighbouring towns and villages, and past renowned châteaux and vineyards.
Beyond the personal challenge and the unique sensation of an evening event, runners can enjoy the full splendour of the city illuminated at night, along with its historic sites, providing a unique opportunity to admire Bordeaux’s wealth of cultural heritage.
The aim of the Bordeaux Métropole marathon is to ensure that as many participants as possible are able to enjoy a magical evening in a relaxed and festive atmosphere.
Part of the official French Athletics Federation calendar, the Bordeaux Métropole marathon is made up of three different events:
- The marathon: sign up for the first night-time marathon ever held in France.
- The half-marathon: if a full marathon is too ambitious for you, why not run a half-marathon to a backdrop of the most extensive UNESCO-listed architectural site.
- The relay marathon: irrespective of your fitness or running ability, experience the excitement of a race featuring teams of four with your family, friends or colleagues.
Start / Finish / Timings
The Bordeaux Métropole marathon will be held on Saturday 9 April 2016.
The start of each event will be at Place des Quinconces, by the Quai Louis XVIII.
- Start time for the half-marathon: 7pm
- Start time for the full marathon and relay marathon: 8.30pm
Sportfive / Lagardère Unlimited Events
16-18 rue du Dôme
92100 Boulogne Billancourt
Admission fees and rates
- Marathon : 500 500 first bibs: 65 €
- Semi-marathon : 500 first bibs : 36 €
- 4 people Relay Marathon : 100 € VAT (25 € each)