Arrival of the 2015 Tour de France on the Champs-Élysées
Sunday 26 July heralds the last stage of the 2015 Tour de France. Departing from Sèvres, riders will, in keeping with tradition, complete their incredible adventure along the Champs-Élysées in Paris.
Stage 21 (Sunday 26 July): Sèvres Grand Paris Seine Ouest > Champs-Élysées, Paris (109.5km)
Known for its porcelain production and its ceramics museum, Sèvres will this year be the final start town for the tour’s riders as they head towards the Champs-Élysées.
Things to do around Sèvres
- Take a nature break in the incredible Domaine National de Saint-Cloud, the setting for numerous events such as open-air cinema, the Grand Feu fireworks show, Rock en Seine festival etc (10min drive).
- Enjoy the fresh air at the Étangs de Corot (10min drive).
- Head back to the time of the Sun King, Louis XIV, at the Palace of Versailles (17min drive).
- Explore the Bois de Boulogne, home to the Jardin d’acclimatation and the Louis Vuitton Foundation (20min drive).
The moment has arrived for riders to enter the French capital and head to its most famous avenue, the Champs-Élysées.
Things to do around the Champs-Élysées
- Climb the 284 steps of the Arc de Triomphe and enjoy one of the best views in Paris.
- Do some shopping in the department stores along the famous Boulevard Haussmann (Printemps, Galeries Lafayette).
- Admire the Eiffel Tower either from below or from its summit, and relax on the Champs de Mars.
- Learn about the art and civilisations of Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas at the Musée du Quai Branly.
And lots more besides…