What is it?
Established in 2007, the label « Maître Restaurateur » is a real recognition for traditional restaurants. It values expertise and best practice. It is a real label of quality and is only issued by the French state.
The main aims are:
- recognize the best professionals in traditional catering,
- reward skills and engagement with quality,
- the quality "Maître Restaurateur" is the warranty of a refined cuisine with natural food by a professional team.
The evaluation focuses on the following lines
Priorities for a good table:
• Customer relationship
• Interior facilities
• The environment and the exterior (if appropriate)
• Hygiene, safety and cleanliness
Dishes offered must be varied: at least 4 starters, 4 main dishes and 4 desserts.
At least one starter or a main dish or a dessert has to be renewed daily.
The title of « Maître Restaurateur » title is bestowed for 4 years by the prefet of a French region. In November 2010, we listed 1,300 Maîtres Restaurateurs. We are expecting an average of 3,000 per year.
What it offers for you:
The label guarantees to customers:
- Fresh food,
- No pre-prepared dishes,
- Perfect preparation of the table, with a good style and clean tableware in good condition,
- Information, advice and answers to customers with all information needed,
- Signage of useful information like prices, services, opening times, payment types…
- Staying polite and thanking visitors when they are leaving,
- Clean decor in good condition,
- The staff at reception has to be well-dressed, clean and in harmony with the location,
- The toilets in good condition, clean and well lit, with the facilities to make customers at home,
- Inform customers about facilities and equipment for welcoming the disabled and children,
- Parking (free or not),
- Tidy kitchen.