A Provencal Family Holiday
YOU know you are in Provence when lavender fields stretch as far as the eye can see
outside your train window. It’s not just lavender that awaits you here... you
have a rendezvous with cosmopolitan Marseille, a cultural encounter with
Avignon and the hilltop villages of Provence and chic St Tropez!
Marseille spins its magic on you! This cosmopolitan port invites you to feel a
part of its vibe! While in Marseille:
- Visit its beautiful cathedral, Notre Dame de la Garde, which offers spectacular views of the
city, its Old
– the symbol of Marseille.
- Take a tour of Les Calanques – rugged natural fjords that are best explored by boat or foot.
- Spend relaxed evenings with a chilled
glass of the local spirit Pastis! Can life get any better?
Active in Avignon
Of great religious importance in the past, modern-day Avignon manages to retain reminiscences
of its rich past. Include:
- A visit to the iconic Popes’ Palace,
famous for its marvellous frescoes.
- Break into a song and dance at the famous Saint-Benezet Bridge, locally known as the Pont
the inspiration for the traditional folk song “Sur
le Pont d’ Avignon”.
- Discover the Old City of Avignon. Its typical streets with charming squares are truly reflective of the
- Wander off from Avignon to discover surrounding Provence – lavender fields, the quaint
hilltop villages of the Luberon or
Include visits to St Remy de Provence and
Les Baux de Provence for best views of the surrounding
countryside. Visit stunning Gordes that
seems carved out of a hilltop.The
ochre-tinged façade of its stone buildings is sure to take your breath away.
- Visit the Roman city of Arles,
famous for its amphitheatre or chic Aix-en-Provence known
for its richly-decorated mansion houses.
Chic in St Tropez
A glamorous holiday awaits at St Tropez, a vacation hotspot for the very rich and
the very famous! St Tropez invites you to:
- Visit its Old Port that
plays a gracious host to the yachts of the rich and the famous, its Citadel,
a prominent landmark of the village
that offers spectacular views of the city and the Musée de l’Annonciade which
houses an impressive collection of modern art paintings.
- Spend time at its famous beaches including the Plage de Tahiti and
the Plage de Pampelonne with some of the best dining addresses in
- Take time off for a coffee at the charming central square, Place
for a feel of all things Tropezian!
All Together in Nice
This popular seaside resort on the Riviera proposes a plethora of activities that
can be enjoyed ensemble.
Read on to know more:
Discover Nice's popular attractions through the charming tourist train or through the Cyclopolitain,
an electric tricycle. Take on treasure hunts that have you discovering the city
in a fun way!
Visit colorful open-air markets such as the Cours Saleya.
Feel “arty” with visits to the Matisse Museum, Marc
Chagall Museum or Villa Massena.
Enjoy picnicking at Nice’s many parks and gardens. Spend enjoyable moments together
at Castle Hill which offers many activities and games for kids or head to the Promenade
du Paillon –
a green walkway that offers games, water mirrors and
mist sprays for children.
all fun and games at the Luna Park,
Europe’s only indoor park which offers over 24 merry-go-rounds and a host of
other attractions that keep adults and children entertained.
Cannes lays out the red carpet for its visiting families. Your Cannes diary includes:
- Discoveries of popular attractions such as the Croisette for magnificent views of the bay and its public beaches. Outside the Palais des Festivals, home to the International Film Festival, feel all starry-eyed with a walk along the Path of Stars that has more than 300 frozen casts of tinsel-town celebrities.
- A visit to Le Suquet – Cannes’s oldest neighbourhood – for bird’s eye views of the city. Visit its medieval streets and the Forville market for a feel of all things local.
- A boat ride to the Lérins Islands such as Sainte Marguerite and Saint-Honorat allows many opportunities to connect with nature. Include visits to the Royal Fort, the Sea Museum and the Abbey of Lérinsduring your time here.
- Take the little ones to Fun City, which offers games and activities ensuring unlimited entertainment or strike a perfect ten at Cannes Bowling!
Panoramic Views and Aquatic Adventures
Take the train to discover more of the Riviera. We recommend:
- Grasse for its perfume factories of Fragonard, Galimard and Molinard.Participate in
perfume workshops with your kids and create your own fragrance!
- Prettily perched on a hilltop, the quaint village of St Paul de Vence offers
you fantastic views of the coast. Art lovers should plan a stop at Fondation
its impressive collection
of paintings and sculptures.
- An aquatic encounter awaits you at Marineland in
Witness spectacular shows which involve sea
lions, killer whales and dolphins. Do not forget to
say a quick bonjour to the polar bears that happily
call Marineland their home!