Towns and cities - entertainment for everyone !
Throughout the year, France's towns and cities resonate to the sound and rhythm of street entertainment, concerts and festivals of every description, providing a lively atmosphere to be enjoyed by all.
Imagine a whole host of street performers, providing all sorts of shows and entertainment, including stilt-walkers, jugglers, clowns, magicians, light shows, face-painting for children, body painting performances, puppet shows and poetry readings - guaranteed fun and magic for all the family! Visitors with musical or theatrical tastes are catered for by the many festivals held during the summer in French towns and cities:
- music in Aix-en-Provence, Avignon, Orange
- theatre in Vaison-la-Romaine - classical as well as world music festivals (Jazz in Antibes, the Celtic Festival in Quimper, Francofolies in La Rochelle etc)
- street operas
- electronic music
- bullfighting events and corridas such as the Feria in Nîmes for those in search of high excitement and drama.
If music's your thing, there's something for all ages! Discover the different events being held in our towns and cities
A change of rhythm at night !
After dusk, the rhythm of life in French towns gathers pace. Whether you're tempted by the bright lights of a restaurant show or the music of a cabaret evening, by the informal atmosphere of a café concert or the thrills and excitement of the slot machines, a magical evening is guaranteed.
Most districts have lively venues with a choice of trendy, Latin-American or slightly risqué night-clubs. Some of these hotspots are legendary, especially in certain parts of Paris, and their magical atmosphere makes them one of the highlights of a visit to the city. All of these venues also hold events such as birthday parties, themed evenings, exhibitions or concerts, providing an added bonus to the city's nightlife. With so much choice, you're bound to find the ideal place for the perfect evening.
To cap it all, don't miss the city's monuments lit up at night:
- the Eiffel Tower, Sacré Cœur, Arc de Triomphe and all the monuments situated on the banks of the Seine in Paris,
- Sound and Light shows which often include a cultural dimension and which are very popular, with their magnificent decor, hundreds of performers, fireworks displays and proud knights: Amiens Cathedral lit up in colour, Fête des Lumières in Lyon, "De Monet aux Pixels" show in Rouen Throughout France, visitors can enjoy a range of spectacular shows that bring history to life