Winter vacation with the kids - how to choose
Choosing a winter holiday resort for the entire family can be a real headache for parents - finding out how to combine skiing, suitable child-care, a skiing area for both children and adults, and entertainment and accommodations for all ages, all at the best possible prices. The P'tits Montagnards label can offer a hand.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Labelled resorts meet a certain number of criteria, defined by a 9-point quality charter:
- Welcoming children aged 18 months and over in a quality structure, with meals supplied or arranged, and a safe outdoor play area, with snow if possible;
- Helping children aged 4 and older to learn to ski, by providing appropriate courses with timetables fitting in with the parents' own courses, in a suitable environment;
- Offering spaces for family ski practice, with lifts accessible to children as well as adults;
- Offering a safe tobogganing area, regulated and regularly maintained, in the heart of the resort;
- Constant care for safety, not only in terms of structures and equipment, but for pedestrians within the resort as well;
- Providing entertainments suitable for the young, from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />3 to 12 years old;
- Providing a welcome for families in suitably-equipped accommodations and eateries, with highchairs, cots, baths, children's menus, etc.;
- Applying an attractive pricing policy for families - accommodation, ski lessons, lift prices, child-care and reductions for the under-12s;
- Listening to and acting on suggestions by families.
The 61 "P'tits Montagnards" resorts, located throughout the mountains, look forward to taking your little monsters in hand and making sure that they have a safe, enjoyable week in the snow, while you, relax and make the most of your break!
It may be necessary to book in advance for children's places in the child-care facilities, snow gardens and ski schools, as regulations impose a limit on the number of children who can be looked after, for their safety and your peace of mind.
Tel: 00 33 (1) 47 42 23 32